[nagdu] Sticks

countrygrl290 at aol.com countrygrl290 at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 05:28:18 UTC 2009

 is there anything he loves more than sticks ? I would try to get a high value treat and? when he goes for the stick show him the treat and call him to you - YOU and the food are more exciting than the stick = Dogs are creatures of habbit? his habbit is to go out and eat the sticks .... if you change the behavior by luring him with a treat to you then playing? ball or somethig it might break his mind cycle - If not you? could spray a stick with bitter yuck and offer it to him every time you go out?? - spray it down good throw it and he will find out picking up sticks tastes YUCKEY
hope it helps
i would also pull insurance on your dog for forigen body ingestion - when i could see i used to vet tech and we saw a lot of dogs come in sick and had to have surgery for sticks
cari and Denver