[nagdu] Viola

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 1 05:23:23 UTC 2010

Oops!  I attributed Viola to Jessica.  Sorry, Jordan!

I have an owner-trained poodle guide named Mitzi who is about to turn 4 and
a really awesomely good guide dog inspite of her strainer...  She is one of
the more adorable creatures who ever lived, I assure you, and that factor
has driven me well past the brink of madness more than once.  There is no
way to every get anywhere in a hurry when you have a cute guide dog!  /lol/

Also, Mitzi is not so much a monster in disguise as a really, really cute
monster.  Thus the brink of madness.  /grin/

I really thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I finally met one of the
small goldens from TSE.  I've always been a GSD freak myself, which is why I
got a poodle...  Long story, there, as I'm sure you can imagine.  I was
actually planning to get a cat.  Sometimes things just happen that way.
/grin/  The golden was, naturally, perfect, and her handler was an awesome
human, too.  She was very young and new (the dog, not the handler), and my
girl was old enough to know better but not used to other guide dogs (big
bummer about owner training; your dog starts to think she's the only one and
gets weird when she learns different), so I got a chance while we worked to
get out girls used to each other socially then while going on to the meeting
where neither of use human women wanted our dogs to act like, you know,
inexperienced youngsters, to watch the golden guide with her very good
handler while Mitzi and I followed so that Mitzi could see another dog she
knew actually doing what she does....

So cool!  Great dog.  No dog on earth is cuter than Mitzi, let's clear tha
tup right now.  But the fluffy, beautiful, golden girl was very, very cute.
/grin/  Good worker.  Gave Mitzi some good pointers, actually, which Mitzi
didn't want to admit, since she was technically a year older....

I mentioned that Mitzi is a poodle, right?  Cute, cute monster.  Very
opinionated about things, too, and she has her ways of letting me know.
/grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney