[nagdu] owner training

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sun Apr 4 01:26:44 UTC 2010

Michelle,

You are right that owner training is a serious commitment and a lot of hard
work.  However I don't think vision is necessary.  I have a friend who has
owner trained her guide who is totally blind.  she's not on this list
though. I have very, very little residual vision...20/1000 or so.  It's hard
to measure accurately when you get that low.

I'm very glad that owner training is becoming a respectable option. It makes
it lots easier to find others doing  it, who are willing to talk about it.
I don't think there's any way I could have been successful without all the
owner trainers who came before me, who were willing to share  their
experiences and help me with my 1,765,637,002 questions. *smile*

Julie