[nagdu] dog adaptability and expectations

Cheryl Osborn chapalacheryl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 02:10:24 UTC 2010

Hi Martha,

My name is Cheryl O. and I only just joined this list today.  However,
I really would like to say a couple of things.  Just think of it as
food for thought.

First, I really like the answer Rebecca gave you.  Having worked in
the fields of rehabilitation and technology, my philosophy is "You
never will know unless you try".  If it doesn't work out, you have the
opportunity to try another way.

I do not know why you plan to attend that particular establishment,
but if they will allow you to bring your dog and to take your dog out
for potty breaks, it appears to me that it wouldn't be a much
different situation than if you were working or volunteering
somewhere.

I am working with my third dog and it has been my experience that a
guide dog adapts to new situations better than we do.  My second dog,
after living in Arizona for about 5 years, was moved from Bullhead
Arizona to Ajijic, Mexico.  How's that for change?  My current dog,
whom I've had since last Decenber, was brought here to Mexico from
Jersey.  If you think about it, these dogs have been through several
major changes by the time they get to work with their handler.  They
are so amazing!