[nagdu] Play time

Ioana Gandrabur igandrabur at gmx.de
Wed Apr 21 15:17:47 UTC 2010

Hi all,

What a fun topic!

Adrian my retired guide was never a big player to the point where I was
wondering if I am not trying hard enough to find what gets him going.
He has a stupid modified fetch game version: I throw  the toy he runs after
it and waits for me to come get it from him and throw  it again. Some other
times he actually picks it up and runs with it past me to settle at the
opposite end of the hall and wait for me to get it and throw again. Sure
makes me work for his idea of a game. Oh, and never would he fetch outdoors.
Much more fun to sniff around. He sometimes plays tug. Because it is rare to
see him want to do it I let him even if it is with the leash right before we
go for a walk or after a free run in the park. He rarely tries it while
walking and I can always tell him "no, that's enough" successfully. An other
silly thing he does is to run from where ever he happens to be if my husband
and I do a kind of a dancing hug and goes right in between us to be in on
the love. He loves clicker training but I don't seem to find enough
challenges worth training. Any ideas of fun games to clicker? He does look
for my slippers that I hide around the house (or misplace (smile) )and gets
them to me.

I am so curious how the new dog I am getting in now less then a month
(hurrah!) will play.. Adrian was my first guide and first dog.

Take care,

Ioana and retired adrian