[nagdu] Play time / ID cards

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 21:11:27 UTC 2010

Hi Cheryl O, Welcome to the list. As far as play time for my dogs,They all
have their own toys. Shaman, my current guide, likes to play fetch with a
tennis ball. So do most of the rescue dogs. I always make a special time to
play this game with Shaman alone and some times I play it with all 7
dogs.Try keeping track of all those balls at once. Some times this gets very
confusing,but they really do love it. Nala,my retired guide, will not
retrieve a ball. She loves her squeaker toys.I always have chew toys
available also.Since my dogs have been owner trained with the help of a
private trainer, I had no ID cards. I have been asked on several occasions
for ID. I told the person asking, that they could not demand ID as the ADA
does not require it.I once was in a hospital ER with Nala and the hospital
security guard walked by with his K9 dog and it went off on Nala. Nala
ignored it and stayed in her down stay, very calm and quiet. In a few
minutes, I was approached by a hospital administrator and asked to remove my
dog. I told this man that Nala was a guide dog. He asked for ID and I told
him that under the ADA,I was not required to show ID. She was in harness and
behaving perfect as always. I told him that it was their own dog that was
acting up and that my dog had not acted up at all. He continued to harass me
and a nurse who knew me told him to leave me alone,and that I was indeed
blind and the dog was a guide dog.He did leave me alone after that.I told
Nick,my trainer about the incident and he made ID cards for my dogs on the
computer and had them laminated. I always carry them with me,but now that I
have ID, no one has asked for it. So much for ID. Have a great day, Mardi
and Shaman and Nala retired.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/