[nagdu] Please help!!!!

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 21:39:15 UTC 2010

Hi again Cheryl O,I have crates set up for all my dogs.I leave the doors
open and they frequently stay in them of their own free will. I got them to
do this by using clicker training. I would put them in their crates with the
doors closed and leave them in then for a few minutes  and then click and
treat them. I kept doing this a little longer each time, and finally told
them to go in their crates and left the door open and made them stay and
then click and treat. Went through this process many times and now they will
go in any time I tell them to. They also stay in them when they want to with
out asking. This works as when some one comes to my house I just say "Crate"
and they all go right in them. I also keep plenty of chew toys available as
I have lost several shoes and other things in the past. When I caught a dog
chewing on something inappropriate, I took it away and gave them their chew
toy and when they proceeded to chew on that, I would click and treat. You
would be amazed at how fast they learn.Hope this helps.  Mardi and Shaman
and Nala,retired.            Below is the link for my blog on the training
of Shaman, if you would like to read it,feel free. The other blog is about
my rescued,visually impaired Bearded Dragon. Feel free to read it also if
you want.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/