[nagdu] New Guide

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Sun Aug 1 01:12:34 UTC 2010

So, guys, why are the schools giving out dogs that lunge at other dogs.
It had always been my impression that this was undesirable behavior, yet I
know a lot of handlers who are having this problem.
I don't expect a dog not to pay attention to the fact that there are other
dogs, but there needs to be communication.
The dog might wag, whine a bit, speed up, but through verbal or light
handler intervention I'd like to think the dogs would pass each other.
Not trying to give you a hard time, Laura, just wondering as I've herd a lot
about this from fellow guide dog users in the last few years.

Cordially,

Dan and Carter, who's a bit distracted sometimes but I love him.