[nagdu] New Guide

Lora blindhistory at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 01:18:04 UTC 2010

honestly I don't know TSE has been around a long time. There was a dog
who was slightly agressive to my guide a few days after we got home
they lounged at him and started growling. Where did you get your dog
Dan? Alot of times the dogs are growling at my guide or lounging at
him. Now always though.

On 7/31/10, Dan Weiner <dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net> wrote:
> So, guys, why are the schools giving out dogs that lunge at other dogs.
> It had always been my impression that this was undesirable behavior, yet I
> know a lot of handlers who are having this problem.
> I don't expect a dog not to pay attention to the fact that there are other
> dogs, but there needs to be communication.
> The dog might wag, whine a bit, speed up, but through verbal or light
> handler intervention I'd like to think the dogs would pass each other.
> Not trying to give you a hard time, Laura, just wondering as I've herd a lot
> about this from fellow guide dog users in the last few years.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Dan and Carter, who's a bit distracted sometimes but I love him.

Lora