[nagdu] ranting handling skills?

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Mon Aug 2 16:27:47 UTC 2010

Oh Julie, I'm laughing here. It's like the 25 words for snow, or however
many words the "First Nation" people have for snow. We have that many for
growls and at least that many to describe excrement. <grin>

You're absolutely right though. There are many different kinds of growling.
My TJ, small male Golden, sounded absolutely vicious when playing as did the
combination of Jackson and Molly in our house, but those were purely play
growls. When I heard TJ use a warning growl in harness to try to keep
another guide dog from mounting him and causing severe pain to his lower
back, it was a completely different sound.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com