[nagdu] defining abuse was being reported to your school

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Tue Aug 3 20:27:05 UTC 2010

Jordan and all,

A few weeks ago I had an accident which meant that I was on some
medications.  Those medications caused me to be dizzy, sometimes
disoriented, a bit foggy in the thinking department and generally not
myself.  Taking the medication was theoretically optional, but without it I
wouldn't have been doing anything at all besides laying in bed. I have a job
and other obligations.

Was it fair to work my guide during that time?    Could it be considered
abuse?  What if the situation went on long term, would it be abuse then?
I know  there were times when I confused him.  I know he had to work harder
to keep me going in a straight line.  I know he had to do more of the
decision making.

I'm really not trying to argue.  All I'm saying is that abuse is a pretty
serious thing and that there are miles and miles of gray area.

Just something to think about.
Julie