[nagdu] getting turned around at convention with dog

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Wed Aug 4 00:20:30 UTC 2010

Hi Tami and all,

Oh yeah, it's amazing how the dogs will work so hard to figure out where you
want to go when neither of you have a clue. LOL!  I remember in Dallas
walking round and round in circles trying to find someplace, me having a
vague idea where it was but not much more, and poor Sunny would gravitate
toward anything familiar, and I'd have to tell her again and again, no
Sunny, we don't want that.  I feel so bad in those situations for her
because she is really trying, and I'm trying really hard not to get
frustrated and sometimes losing the battle, then I feel bad for yelling at
Sunny because I'm frustrated and it's not her fault.  Of course it was the
same way with my first dog Megan.  She would try so hard, I would say no
again and again, then when we finally found what I wanted, I'd say "Yes!
Yes! this is it!!"  and Megan would literally jump for joy. <smile>  I was
expecting Sunny would do the same when I first got her.  Boy was I in for a
shock.  The first time I did that with Sunny, I mean throwing a major praise
party for getting to the right place, Sunny just stood there and looked at
me like, what is this crazy woman doing?  Now she'll at least wag her tail,
but that's about it.  Different dog personalities I guess.  Megan was a
bouncer anyway, Sunny is a dancer when she gets really happy or excited; she
does this twirly happy dance. She rarely dances in harness though.

AnnaLisa and Sundance