[nagdu] EXTERNAL:Re: being reported to your school

Jodie and Xandir pisces at asmodean.net
Wed Aug 4 03:12:18 UTC 2010

Lol, I have a food or drink story with each of my dogs. Sunnie stole the
tuna out of my sandwich. I put it where I thought, mistakenly, that it was
out of her reach while I went to go put the rest of the tuna in the
refrigerator. I came back and should have suspected something because she
was making the little sniffing and snorting noises she made when she was
done eating. I had only had her for a couple of months at this time and my
mind was still half in the book I was reading, so it didn't really register
until I picked up the sandwich. The two pieces of bread were still together,
there was a hole in the bottom piece and there was one tiny piece of tuna
stuck between the two hole pieces of bread.

With Tiger, I was at a friend's house for a picnic when she brought the
cooked hot dogs out. They were not in buns yet and one rolled off the plate.
Tiger was under the picnic table behaving very well. In the space of a
second, I heard, "Whoa!" "Splat!" "Gulp!" My grandmother said she had a look
of total surprise on her face when the hot dog landed in front of her. She
had an end of the hot dog sticking out of either side of her mouth for that
split second and then it was gone. I couldn't scold her because it was no
one's fault; it accidentally rolled off right in front of her, so she
thought, understandably, that it was being given to her. Besides, we were
all laughing too hard, so a scolding would have meant nothing to her.

Xandir has been known to drink my iced tea, or my milk, or my coffee if I
leave the room. She has water down, but she drinks my drinks anyway. It can
be quite annoying, especially because she spills the iced tea when she's
trying to drink it. A few times I've actually put her in her crate when I've
left the room because I don't want to clean up spilled iced tea or go get a
new one because she drank some of it. I have to call the school to ask about
something totally unrelated, but maybe I'll bring that up during the
conversation.