[nagdu] shock collars and electric fences

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 17:30:02 UTC 2010

I would highly advise against these shock collars. They don't produce
a very high voltage, but would you want to be shocked suddenly? I
would think it could traumatize a dog, and I know some dogs that have
been traumatized by electric wires, an older version of shocke collars
used more for livestock now.

I don't think it's a good idea...

On 8/4/10, Lyn Gwizdak <linda.gwizdak at cox.net> wrote:
> Get a fence - don't use those collars!
>
> The "invisable fence" will NOT keep other dogs out.  If the electricity goes
> out or the thing stops working suddenly, your dog is loose to run all over
> the countryside. The shock could be very upsetting to your dog.
>
> JMO
>
> Lyn and Landon

~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!
Treasure Chest for the Blind: http://blindtreasurechest.blogspot.com