[nagdu] defining abuse was being reported to your school

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Thu Aug 5 17:21:40 UTC 2010

Rox's post made me wonder a couple of things. And before I start, Rox,
this isbeautifully written. Now onward.
Rox mentioned being unable to direct her dog given her medical
condition. Since people on this list have stated "good mobility" or
"good orientation skills" as a requirementt o get a dog, Rox and others
who have her issues, how do you use a dog effectively if you can't
direct it? I'm curious.
Also Rox, you mentioned that your meds don't do much for clearness of
thought. So, how do you train a dog? And, you sure do write well and
know a whole lot. How does that work with your meds?
I'm curious and I wonder based on what you've said here if some of our
attitudes on using a dog come from when guide dogs were just getting
started and you had the image of the super blind person who walked fifty
miles a day ten miles per hour, in the snow, in July, uphill both
ways... you get the idea.
If I'm too personal and you want to write off-list go ahead.