[nagdu] Tips For Slowing Down?

Nimer Jaber nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 13:40:14 UTC 2010

  Hello,

At Seeing Eye, I was taught to push in on the handle and pull it back
out in a steady motion, meaning not fast, but not too slow either while
at the same time saying "steady" in a calm, clear voice. If my dog
refuses to slow down, then it is time for me to figure out why the dog
is so excited that she wants to move so fast. If I can't figure out a
reason and repeated steady commands with pushing in on the harness
handles fails to slow down my dog, then it's time for a correction. Not
sure how others on list or from other schools do this. What happens when
you push in on the handle? Does the dog slow down even a little?

Thanks
Nimer J