[nagdu] Sniffing

Suzy Wilson keyboard4jesus at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 23:49:18 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,
As a first time guide dog user, I wanted to ask the group, does anybody have problems with their dog staying focused on the job?  I know it's normal instinct for dogs to sniff, but sometimes Dodie is obessessed about sniffing, it gets in the way of her focus and concentration and I wind up being walked into a trash can or some object on the way to our destination. I might be expecting too much psychologically of her but sometimes it seems like she doesn't take her job of keeping me safe very seriously or doesn't understand how important it is because she's too busy sniffing! What can I do to help her stop sniffing and stay focused on where she's leading me?  -Suzy & Dodie