[nagdu] o/t - NFB of New York State Scholarship information

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 13:58:16 UTC 2010

If you are a student who is blind and lives in the State of NY, apply for
our NFB of NY State Scholarship.

It is given away every year to those deserving students, I myself am a
former recipient of this honor.

here is the information:

Carl Jacobsen, President

P.O. Box 205666 Sunset Station

Brooklyn, New York 11220

718-567-7821

office at nfbny.org

 August 9, 2010
Dear Scholarship Applicant,

The National Federation of the Blind of New York State, Inc., proudly
announces our 2010 Scholarship Program.  Scholarships will be presented at
our State Convention banquet in Buffalo, New York, on October 23, 2010.

Applicants must meet the following requirements:

·        You are a resident of New York State.

·        You are legally blind.

·        You are currently accepted in or enrolled in a degree program at
the undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate level.

·        You complete the enclosed application and essay of approximately
500 words (or apply on line at www.nfbny.org) which  must be received by the
Scholarship Committee on or before September 30, 2010.

 Scholarship finalists are required to attend and participate in the
convention (at the Federation's expense). You will be notified prior to the
convention if you are a finalist.

 NFB scholarships are awarded on the basis of scholastic excellence,
financial need, and community service.  In preparing your essay, keep in
mind that the committee members are all successful college graduates.
Consider how you can most effectively convey your best qualities.  Since the
awards are restricted to blind people, the committee will be interested in
the techniques and approaches you use in living as a blind person.  Almost
all blind students have financial need.  Committee members will assume basic
need, so you may choose to refer to this topic only if your need is unusual.

 If you have any questions, please call me at (718) 491-0053.

Sincerely,
Raymond Wayne, Chairman
NFB of NYS
Scholarship Committee

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant
C10-10646

http://Echevarriatravel.com
1-866-580-5574
skype: angeldn3

Reservations at echevarriatravel.com
Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise and Travel Inc.