[nagdu] Sniffing

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Wed Aug 18 12:05:18 UTC 2010

Suzy,

Welcome to the list!
It might help to hold the leash in your right hand.  I find that this helps
me to better feel what Monty's head is doing, but it also seems to help him
keep focused on what is important.  You could also try backing up and going
past the sniff area again, reworking it just like a clearance error.

I also found with Belle that letting her sniff once in a while helped a lot
with random sniffing.  She wasn't a huge sniffer, but the reward of getting
to sniff the front bushes when we got home was, and still is, something she
really enjoys.

HTH
Julie