[nagdu] Consumer report

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Aug 20 14:46:43 UTC 2010

I think some kind of consumer report would be great, though I don't know
how it could be done right.
When I read "A Guide to Guide Dog Schools", it made some schools who have
a bad reputation sound great, and some with a good reputation sound bad,
so plain statistics don't really do the job.
Then you have those who think their school can do no wrong, and those who
have an axe to grind from something school X did 20 or 30 years ago.  And
those who are reluctant to talk about problems.  I find myself sometimes
hesitant to "air dirty laundry in public."  But, if someone can figure out
how to get around those problems, a consumer report would be a very good
thing.
Though of course it would have to be updated from time to time, as
schools' policies and training change.
Tracy