[nagdu] Another Reason for Having Your Own Harness

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 19:04:13 UTC 2010

Julie,

Wow!  Good thoughts, all of them.  You're talking about a *real* consumer
survey and report. The kind that requires work and time and everything.
/smile/

You've covered pretty much all the bases, too, in your summary.  Over the
eyars I've managed to do enough work at some level or other in the
preparation or reporting of those things, I at least recognize competency
when I see it.  I also decided long ago that, while it is all very
interesting, I would carefully steer my own career away from being in danger
of having to plan and/or run such an operation.  /smile/  I stick with the
geek stuff!  Unless I get wrenched aways from my computer to make survey
calls or take a break to join the crew for the mass mailing.  /smile/

So what I'm saying is, it's an excellent idea and something I would support
strongly by being really impressed and saying, "You go girl!"  /smile/

Also, I'm trying to remember about how to round up contact information for
the target consumer group, in case something comes back to me that would
useful for this target group...  Mostly I've worked with voter lists as a
pool for the survey participants, or information provided by the seller of a
product for customer satisfaction surveys.

Getting contacts for the survey through the programs themselves does pose
some challenges, but perhaps many of those could be overcome with clever
politicking...  Another art I leave to those who are clever politickers.
/smile/

Great thoughts.

Tami Smith-Kinney