[nagdu] Why people don't criticize schools

Susan Jones sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 21 23:56:38 UTC 2010

I think we need to be very careful, as criticizing schools can very quickly
degenerate to disrespect.
We have people on this list who have had positive and negative experiences
from virtually all of our schools.
Though we may disagree with a particular policy, we need to be careful not
to endorse one school over another.  We do, I think, want our membership to
be open to *all* guide dog handlers.  Some are very new to the process, and
may have to come to their own conclusions.  They don't need us to offend
them.
It's not that we want to hide, or sugar-coat things that are factual, but
care in the process is absolutely necessary.
JMHO,
Susan & Rhoda