[nagdu] a couple questions

Nimer Jaber nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 05:56:43 UTC 2010

Hello,

I Applied to all those schools. I only attended Seeing Eye. GDB would've
been my second pick. Leaderdog has a very lengthy app and I believe they
require six references and a video for their app, although I could be
wrong about that. Also, I've known a few leaderdog teams, and they
didn't work as well as, in my experience with knowing people, GDB and
TSE. GDB's staff were extremely kind and their app process was very fast
and smooth. TSE's a good school. My issues with them were as a result of
issues with one or two staff members, and not the instructors, the
training, the accommodations, or anything else about the school. The
stay is very comfortable, the app process was very smooth, and the
training was excellent and very individualized. Abbie is a great guide
and more importantly a better dog. Any times I've had slight issues with
navigation (most if not all were my fault), the support I received both
over the phone and in person was very quick and always solved my
problems in one or two calls. I've never needed more than one visit from
an instructor to resolve a problem. I was able to get help from an
instructor navigating a college campus as well as some pretty busy and
complicated intersections near my place when I moved to Austin. So if
you want my recommendation, I'd pick TSE because I haven't found anyone
who has attended there and has had any major issues that were
unresolvable. If you don't wish to, from what I've heard and observed,
GDB is an excellent choice as well, and they do have two campuses, so
you will get to choose whether you wish to work in a more populated area
or in a more country setting, although from what I hear they still work
hard, as TSE does, to put graduates in all types of different environments.

Thanks, and hope this helps.

Nimer J