[nagdu] a couple questions

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 15:10:20 UTC 2010

Jordan: I am sorry for your experiences with The Seeign Eye. If I can
say so, you are one of the very few people that I've heard that has
had any complaints about them. Sure there were those that might have
complained during class about an instructor or how things were being
run, but you're one of the few graduates I've heard complain about
them. For those thinking about Seeing Eye, let me again point out that
Jordan is an individual who has had bad experiences with Seeing Eye.
Not to diminish his experiences. I have had nothing but good things to
say about the school as others have. They have been attentive, have
called me when a trainer was in my area, and have done their best to
customize my training to meet my individual needs. Even going to a
farm to let my dog see horses, when I was doing active horseback
riding. I'm told that this was a first for them, or at least going to
this particular farm was. Anyway, I may not agree with everything they
do, just as I dont' agree with everything that the NFB does, but
Seeing Eye have been doing it longer than anyone else in the U.S. and
they've gotten quite good at it over the last 80 some odd years. I
know that they're always there and that I can always call them if I
have an issue. I like the way they do business by not calling me all
the time or not constantly requesting medical updates on my dog, as
I've heard some schools do. Seeing Eye may not be perfect in
everything they do, but they treat their graduates as individuals and
adults. AS someone else said, you have to tell them about an issue
before they will come out. However, if they didn't come out right
away, then that's when self advocacy, calling the school repeatedly
until the issue is resolved, and perhaps even checking on lissts like
this come in handy.

Just my humble thoughts,
Wayne