[nagdu] a couple questions

Doug Parisian eggmann at mts.net
Wed Dec 8 21:18:36 UTC 2010

I no doubt will jump further into this discussion at some future point.

For now though, I've had a couple of dogs over the 35 year period who
required more leash correcting than I would like.  Simple solution, use a
pinch collar. this means of course that you need to back way way off on the
firmness of the correction but the results are amazing.  Most folks are two
stupid to observe the kind of collar being used.  And that even goes for the
peta pack (people eating tasty animals.)  The funniest part for me is, that
the two dogs on who I haved used this device actually got quite bouncy and
yhappy when I felt the need to bring it out.  Were I to estimate the time
period of using this tool over the time period, being generous, it might
total a couple of months over 35 years; not bad I think.

What the hey, might as well say the rest of what is on my mind.  I can
certainly define a good dog handler, with no apologies to anyone, using the
following criteria:

1.  Does the animal behave in the situations required by the life style of
the team in a manner which is non-intrusive to others--no growling, barking,
invasion of accepted personal space of others.  By the way that includes a
dog that doesn't stink, and doesn't leave mountains of dog hair in my car,
house, or any public place I frequent.

2.  Is the dog under control of the owner at all times?  Guess that really
relates to number one.

Oh, by the way, if anyone ever encouraged any dog of mine to drink out of
the toilet, they may not walk for at least a week.

Doug: and you thought Thor carried a heavy hammer?