[nagdu] a couple questions

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 22:25:39 UTC 2010

Doug,
In this instance, the woman didn't even pet my dog; she just took a
photograph of her which makes me feel more violated than petting would.
She also talked to her and made that kiss-kiss noise.  I'm deaf, so
when I train my dogs, I spend a great deal of time teaching my dogs
that ignoring these types of people is to their benefit.  I can't hear
when people do these things; so I can't ask them to stop and need to
trust that my dog will have enough self-control and will have had
enough training to ignore distractions of this nature.  My last two
dogs-- a border collie and a Doberman have been the kinds of dogs who
really aren't distracted by other people calling out or petting them.
If people ask, and if I have time, I will let them pet my dog.  If
people don't ask and I catch them petting with what little usable
vision I do have, I ask them to remove their hands and educate them as
to the reason why.  I'm deaf so if they complain about it, I don't
have to hear it. LOL!
When people pet my dog she will turn away and ignore them, and look at
me.  This takes all the fun out of it because most people are looking
for interaction with the dog and she won't give it.

Rox and the Herbal HenchHounds:
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm
not sure about the universe."-Albert Einstein
http://www.pawpowercreations.com
pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl