[nagdu] Canes and dogs

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 11 20:28:44 UTC 2010

Jeff,
    I prefer the collapsible canes available from the NFB. they come in
either fiberglass or carbon fiber. I prefer the carbon fiber, as they are
lighter. I still use my cane fairly frequently. For instance, I took my dog
out for a leisurely walk this afternoon - no work, just some quality time.
When I am at work, I use my cane to get around the building rather than
harness up my dog for such things as going to the bathroom or to the other
suite. I also leave my dog when there is either inclement weather or the
threat of it. Even though I need to go out in it, he doesn't! A wet dog is
not conducive to my work setting or school. HTH!

Fraternally yours,
Marion