[nagdu] Direct Communication With Puppy Raisers

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 21:57:34 UTC 2010

No, TSE doesn't introduce raisers and the students. I am happy in some ways
that they do not, though I would prefer to send a thank you privately and
not have it come back to Seeing Eye to be sent. I used to fuss about it; I
don't now because if I want that I can change schools, but I do think it
would be nice to be able to privately thank them. As for keeping a puppy
raiser in the loop, not sure I want to do that. That dog isn't theirs now,
and I would rather we have a clean break of it. I used to think I wanted to
keep in touch with the people who took my last dog when I retired it; and I
did keep in touch some. Thought I would go visit him, but in the end I did
not do this. I thought it was better to have a relatively clean "break" from
him. That, I know, is not a universally shared opinion though, and I
appreciate that many have a totally different point of view on it.