[nagdu] dogs escaping

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Tue Dec 14 23:23:31 UTC 2010

I'd agree with Toni and those who say this was a freak accident.

I was with friends with guide dogs this weekend and the dog of probably the
best, most aware and capable handler I know, escaped and followed us
outside. The dog is also one of the best, soundest guides I've ever met. It
was a freak accident but you'd better bet that any time anyone else went out
that weekend, hands were on the offending canine.

All dogs wore different bells in and out of harness that weekend so we could
tell who was whom and this dog figured out how to walk completely silently,
not touching any of us and not causing our dogs to bat a furry eyelid at her
accompanying them.

Ya gotta love those intelligent dogs. She promptly went to the curb,
relieved herself and came back to then and only then nudge one of us. Talk
about having heart failure.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com