[nagdu] dogs getting away

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 21 17:33:49 UTC 2010

Stepper,

Hey, good to see you here!

Thank you for sharing your painful story as a reminder to all of us.  I know
I'm guilty of getting busy and distracted and then noticing that we're in a
busy parking lot and I have no leash in my hand or under my foot while I
hand over money or just chat away with an acquaintance...  And panic!  Until
I say Mitzi's name and hear the reassuring jingle or touch her curly head to
find she's where she should be.  Another tragedy averted!  Because all it
will ever take is once.  One kitty, one dog in a car that is tempting enough
to override her training.  Shudder!

Now that I can feel and use my hands more normally, I'm better about not
dropping the dog, which is a big relief to me.  But your reminder to me is
apt, because it is time to give myself another review of proper safety
procedures to make sure they become solid habit.

Happy holidays!

Tami Smith-Kinney