[nagdu] oppinions requested about possible next dog.

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 3 05:26:32 UTC 2010

Interesting!  That's one of those little tidbits about guide dog programs
you don't get unless you know people who have been there.  /smile/

I've imagined many times preparing for a class date, flying across country
in a state of unbearable anticipation...  I guess my imagination has never
taken me furthe rto the first days at the school while you're still waiting
for the actual dog.  A friend of mine did share her experience at TSE this
summer in a very delightful way, and it was fund to sort of vicariously
experience the journey with her.

Only now I'm wondering why the instructors play up the suspense.  Well, from
their point of view, that's not what they're doing, I'm sure.  /smile/  I
can think of -- and even heard -- some perfectly valid and practial reasons
for getting to know the students better before they make the final
assignment of the dog.

Suddenly imagining from a student oint of view, though, I would be like a
5-year-old on Christmas eve.  /lol/  Running around screeching and all.
Except that, of course, they probably wouldn't have anything more to do with
me if I actually did that, so I would manage to pretend I'm an adult or
something resembling one.  In my brain, I would be 5, though.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney