[nagdu] Explaining to parents that guide dogs are useful

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Fri Feb 12 23:58:47 UTC 2010

You are good with a cane, your choice of traveling with a dog is your choice.
Just as if they decide they want one kind of car then decide they want
another kind.
they would choose what they want.
Your choice is getting a dog.
I hope you will think about grooming and much more getting out in the
bad weather things like that.
the dog still has duties it needs to do in cold weather.
Just things like that.
You do travvel faster with a dog for the most part.
there are some fast cane travelers out there.
I went to the doctors office today.
My dog walked rite up to the elevaters, we got to the floor and walked
to the room I wanted.
I had the rite direction, but gave the room a name so he would go to
where I wanted.
so you see, I also asked the dog to find the elevater where the dog did
just that.
My husband walked with me.
I see the building more than he does.
Seeing different persons there.
Hope this helps.
Now the staff see me walking with the dog, and they let the dog do its job.

--
--Dar
skype