[nagdu] Gentle leader adjustments

solsticesinger solsticesinger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 07:19:00 UTC 2010

I used the GL with Caroline for a couple of years, right after bringing her
home from class. From what I was told by my instructor, the part that fits
around the dogs head should be snug, not too tight, but snug. The nose loop
should be tight enough not to slip off easily, but not so tight that the dog
can't open his or her mouth. For me, it was a bit of a trial and error
thing, seeing when she could manage to push it off with her paw, and when
she couldn't.

I'm thinking it's probably a fairly individualized thing, depending on the
size of your dog.

Sorry this was vague, and probably not very helpful.

Shannon and Caroline