[nagdu] Get control of that dog

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Fri Feb 19 13:54:17 UTC 2010

Michelle,

I would probably stop riding with this person.

I almost always leave the harness on.  I will take the handle off if it's a
tight squeeze or he's going to be lounging for a good bit, like at work.  I
find if I put the handle under my purse that no one will touch it.  Touching
other ladies purses seems to be a pretty strong social no-no.

My family and close friends are very good with respecting my wishes in
regard to the dog.  Every now and then we have to have a reminder.   Before
I got Monty we had a lengthy discussion about what was acceptable and what
wasn't.  My analogy was to treat the dog like a lamp.  You can admire the
lamp, but you wouldn't pet it, talk to it  or make goofy faces at it.  the
kids thought this was incredibly funny.  Now if there is an issue all I need
to say is "lamp" and they know.

In the very rare circumstance that someone in the public gives a command to
Monty he will ignore it.  It frustrates them to no end and amuses me
greatly.  *smile*

If all else fails, rudeness does work.  It's probably not politically
correct to say that, but hey it's the truth.

Hope you can get it figured out,
Julie