[nagdu] re sighted guides

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 19 18:53:52 UTC 2010

That's a good way to look at it.  My ex was the worst, since he would clamp
my hand onto his arm so I couldn't escape, then take off like a wild mustang
through a crowded, obstacle-rich environment, completely forgetting that I
was still attached to him.  OMG!  We discussed it a time or two, then I gave
up any thought of going sighted guide.

When I had the opportunity to go with experienced sighted guides, I would
drive them nutty because I was too worried about what they might be about to
do to me to follow them.  /smile/

I must say that it is nice these days to have a conscientious human guide
when it's best to let him do that.  He understood the principles right off
and we've become very good at giving and interpreting our signals, so it's
all very relaxing now.  Whew!

Tami Smith-Kinney