[nagdu] guide dogs

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 19 22:59:47 UTC 2010

Jennifer,
    On behalf of NAGDU, I want to welcome you to the list? As for how it
works, it works just fine! (smile) All you need to do is what you are doing:
send and receive messages concerning issues of guide dog handling.
Occasionally you will get some other messages concerning blindness-related
issues and general information about the NFB, but most of what you will
receive here is guide dog related. Right now we have a few more than 200
subscribers from across the U.S. and a few from other countries. Most are
guide dog users, but there are some who are considering a guide dog, some
who are raising guide dog puppies, and at least one sighted attorney who has
done a lot to promote and protect the civil rights of guide dog users.
    Please feel free to introduce yourself and your interest in guide dogs.
Where do you live? What do you do or hope to do for a living? Are you
affiliated with the NFB? How did you hear about this list?
    BTW, my name is Marion Gwizdala, the "o" in my name generally indicates
that I am a guy, although there are a few women who spell their names
incorrectly! (grin) I am the President of this group, at least until July 3!
I live in Tampa, Florida where I work as a professional entertainer. My last
guide dog, Louiza, is retired and I am awaiting my new guide, Sarge, from
Guide Dog Foundation. It is certainly a pleasure to meet you! now it's your
turn!

Peace!
Marion