[nagdu] different schools

fuehrer stacy l precious1205 at charter.net
Sat Feb 20 16:56:28 UTC 2010

Jessica, best of luck on getting a guide dog! Smile.
I have received 3 dogs from Seeing Eye, and, I can tell you they
do give you ownership upon leaving class.  Some of the other
schools you mentioned, GDF and Leader I know for sure, have
ownership for the first 1 to 2 years, before ownership is turned
over to you.  Another big thing to consider in your research is
follow up servicces, especially if you live quite a distance from
the school, for example, halfway across the country as I do.
Seeing Eye will visit you anytime it's needed, no matter where
you live.  They travel throughout the States and Canada to visit
graduates.  Some of the smaller schools, such as GDA and SEGDI,
are too small to provide these services to graduates who live
everywhere.
All of the schools can put out a bad match, none of them are
perfect.  My first dog and I ended up not working out, but it was
no fault of anyone.
If you have further questions, feel free to write me offlist.
Best, do keep us posted.
Stacy and London