[nagdu] Get control of that dog

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 20 20:15:35 UTC 2010

Yeah, I do get the impression some take as a bit of a, well, you know when I
have my 'tude on.  I'm more comfortable being all happy go lucky, too, but
then people seem to feel more free to put their hands on the dog....

It was difficult for me to learn how to deal with the different way people
responded to me once I was seen as blind, and spent some time and worry
trying to figure out how to act to avoid having other people act badly....

Then I suddenly woke up and realized that it's not up to me to control their
behavior and attitudes, only my own.  If I emphasize my own self-confidence
and competence, that some people feel all hostile about it is their problem,
not mine.  Also, I think that after awhile, you just get bored with the same
old thing and stop caring.  Or that's how it was with me.

So as long as they keep their hands off my dog, I'm okay with them and their
feelings.  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney