[nagdu] Get control of that dog

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 19 23:10:06 UTC 2010

Michelle,
    Although what you say to such a person may be taken by them as rudeness,
I have come to the point of wondering myself why I am concerned about being
thought of as rude and ungrateful when someone is rude to me! Once I was in
a grocery store when a woman came up to me and started petting my dog while
saying, "I know I'm not supposed to pet you, but...!" I reached down and
started rubbing my hands on her face. "What the hell do you think you are
doing?" she asked. I answered, "I just thought that, if you could pet my
eyes, I could pet yours!" "You're an ass!" she said to me as she stormed
off! Which of us was more rude?
    There were a couple of people at the church where I work who kept giving
me instructions and information I didn't need or want. I finally took them
aside and asked, "Who do you think takes care of me when you are not around?
I know you are wanting to be helpful, but I am very capable of doing these
things myself. And when you treat me like I need help, you are implying that
you believe I am helpless. Sometimes I do need help; sometimes you need
help. When you need help, I am sure you will ask for it. When I need help, I
will do the same. Otherwise, would you please not treat me differently than
you would someone else? It would sure help our relationship a lot!"
    Feel free to borrow any or all of that for your situation.
Fraternally yours,
Marion