[nagdu] Anti-discrimination or diversity policies of guidedogschools

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Mon Feb 22 17:31:41 UTC 2010

Thanks, Jenine!  I'll pass this along to the person.

Oh, just for your clarification, gender identity is NOT the same as sexual
orientation.  As I heard someone put it, gender identity is what's in your
head and sexual orientation is what's between the legs.  In other words,
gender identity is how you feel your gender is. Sexual orientation is who is
your love object.  You, Jenine, have a female body and you identify as a
female person.  Your sexual orientation can be heterosexual, homosexual, or
bi sexual. Transsexual people's gender identity and their birth sex don't
match up.  It's called Gender Dysphoria and people deal with this in many
ways including surgically and hormonally change to the gender they are.

I am glad that GDF hasn't had a problem with what a person is except that
they are suitable for a guide dog. Boy, I wish the world saw things that
way!  Life would be a whole lot pleasanter for folks who differ from what
our society calls "normal"!  I liked how you stated the "policy" and I will
pass this on to my friend - she'll appreciate that!

Regards,

Lyn and Landon