[nagdu] S.F. getting its fill of 'service animals'

Michael Hingson mhingson at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 3 07:20:07 UTC 2010

Except that there are examples of all being purported to be service or
emotional support animals.  I met, for example, during a speaking trip a
woman who was proud of the fact that she helped get the first emotional
support rat certified in Colorado.  Certified?  How?  Never the less that
was her claim.

Such cases are why the ADA needs to be clarified.  Horses have proven to be
successful as guides as we all know who read this list.  However, we also
know people stretch the envelope.

The Michael Hingson Group
     “Speaking with Vision”
                 Michael Hingson, President
                         (415) 827-4084
                   info at michaelhingson.com
                   www.michaelhingson.com

for info on the new KNFB Reader Mobile, visit:
http://knfbreader.michaelhingson.com