[nagdu] Legislative Consideration

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 17 19:45:00 UTC 2010

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head in stating the complexity of the
issues and the near impossibility of ensuring that the "right" people are
protected, while the "wrong" people are held accountable.  For those who
don't have that feature turned on, I put the words right and wrong in quotes
in that previous sentence to indicate that I am too lzay at the moment to
come up with more palatable alternatives.  /smile/

I always enjoy the discussions and everyone's point of view and the
possibilities they raise.  I've long since given up on coming up with a
workable solution, or even the seed of one, myself.

Educating is key and ongoing, and the effects of it often can't be seen
until a new generation of youngsters grows into a more enlightened adulthood
than their forebearers.

Meanwhile, maintaining our own protections and living up to the
responsibilities inherent in those protections can keep us quite busy
enough!  /grin/

As will using the laws to enforce our protections when we need to, in order
to educate those who need that sort of lesson to convince them they can't
just get away with being jerks and law breakers.

Hm...  The unpleasant reality at present does seem to be that for those
unfortunate enough to need to call upon the laws and courts, they're pretty
much required to volunteer for an extended period of disruption to their
entire life, not to mention a whole lot of bad treatment from others.  Yuck!
The solution to that, for the now, anyway, I do not know!

Tami Smith-Kinney