[nagdu] collar owie

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 21 15:14:53 UTC 2010

Last night I discovered that Echo's collar had rubbed through her fur and
had been rubbing on her skin.  Poor girl!  Now she has a couple big
callouses or owies.  They don't seem to bother her, but I've put some
Neosporin on them, just in case.  And she's running around naked, which
made her a little worried last night, but she's adjusted today.  I'm only
putting a collar on her when she has to go out.
I feel bad that I didn't catch this sooner.  I brush her every day, but I
must have failed to move her collar around for a few days, or something.
I wonder if old dog fur is thinner?  It's certainly oilier, in Echo's
case.
Poor old gal!
Tracy