[nagdu] collar owie

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jan 22 13:07:54 UTC 2010

Echo was wearing her old chain collar.  I bought her a pretty red nylon
collar a while back, but it seemed to squash her fur, so I went back to
the chain.  Once her neck seems healed up, I will put the nylon collar on
her.  It is much lighter than the chain.
Echo is a very old black lab.  I think the problem happened maybe because
her old dog fur isn't as strong as it used to be.
I'm a little worried about her extra-oily fur under the collar, but we'll
see how that goes.

I don't think that I will have Echo chipped.  She will be 15 in April.  I
don't want to do anything that might even possibly compromise her health,
and that includes introducing a foreign body into her body.  I know it
didn't hurt Ben, but he is young and strong, and Echo isn't.

I've never had a dog as old as Echo, so these old dog problems are new to me.

Tracy