[nagdu] oppinions requested about possible next dog.

Stepper stepper12 at cableone.net
Thu Jan 28 23:21:13 UTC 2010

Hello listers.
I haven't written anything for a long time on here.
However, I find myself after 14 years since my last guide dog asking myself if I want to go for another dog?
I am changing my mind back and forth yes no every few minutes.
I have been approve, and the clock is ticking.
I have a couple of months or so before start date.
My hesitations are, the constant responsibility.
My yes side is I really like walking with a dogand have always taken termendis pride in my dogs.
I am home alone a lot of the time, since my wife works outside the home.
My wife believes I should give it a go.
She says that if it ends up being to much for me, I can send the dog back.
That makes me wonder, what percentage of students during training find its more than they expected, or how many dogs get returned because people found after being home with there guide for a time that it was to much?
Part of this came about, because the school asked me if I would be willing to take a dog that had been returned because it hadn't worked out for some reason?
If you wish to email me directly, that is at,
stepper12 at cableone.net
Thank you,
stepper