[nagdu] oppinions requested about possible next dog.

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:32:34 UTC 2010

I'm not sure what the percentage of people who try a guide and end up
sending it back or going home early in the training program is, but it
does happen. I've heard stories from both sides, of a woman who sent
the dog back within her first 2 months of being home, after her class
date, and the dog was matched with another student successfully. There
was also a user in my last class who went home after the first week
due to all the dog responsibilities. So it does happen. This thought
of giving up even crossed my mind when I was in my first class 15
years ago, but I figured that I had made a commitment and I stuck it
out. Looking back, my only regret might be that I went when I was too
young, at 20, but other than that I have no regrets. Also guessing
here, but I'd be willing to bet that if you did decide to get a dog,
went through training, came home and then decided that having a dog
was too much, or even if you decided this while in training, the
school and people in that class would understand and support you. So
go for it! And keep us updated on your journey.

Wayne