[nagdu] That pesky zoo question

Elizabeth Rene emrene at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 1 18:58:44 UTC 2010

Thank you all very much for your responses to my question about zoo access,
the ADA, and the NAGDU resolution to be presented at the convention.

I especially appreciate your submission, Ginger, as it directly highlights
the discussion between the Department of Justice and the Department of
Agriculture on this point.  The result of that discussion was the definitive
answer I sought.  God help me, I'm a lawyer by inclination as well as by
training, and I wanted to know what the lawyers did.

That, and what I had been taught at guide dog school, was what prompted my
question.

Again, thanks to all of you.

This discussion has affirmed for me the value of the NAGDU forum.  I almost
never encounter blind people in my daily life, and only rarely correspond
with my fellow GDA graduates.  It's wonderful having all of you to share
ideas with.  I am learning so much.

Best wishes for the passage of the resolution.

Happy tails!

Elizabeth