[nagdu] Traveling to Spain

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Fri Jul 30 17:11:42 UTC 2010

Well, they can tell you to have the dog wear a muzzle' till they're blue in
the face, but you can forget the muzzle, that's what I've done when someone
internationally gives me the old muzzle nonsense--smile.
I either say "Oh, I forgot it", "Oh, sorry don't understand you" or "guide
dogs don't wear muzzles". Then, if you really want to look cooperative,
which I don't--smile--one handler told me he made a long leash and put the
loop at the end of it around the dog's nose and said, "That's a special
guide dog muzzle".
Dogs use their nose the way we use our hands and therefore, I will do my
utmost never to use a muzzle, I've seen  dogs, or touched them, one dog on
an international flight with a real  muzzle and the dog gave every sign of
being scared to death, but the handler didn't give a darn, because he was
one of these "I'm going to cooperate with everyone because everyone's so
nice" attitude.
Boy, I just reread that and I'm in a rather testy mood today--smile.

I didn't read the blurb so I actually don't know what it says.
Perhaps another air line is in order if it's just the airline.

 Dan