[nagdu] o/t might be considered OT NFB Work as well as for my business yesterday

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 14:12:44 UTC 2010

Good morning all

This maybe off list to some of you.

I have recently joined my Chamber of Commerce here in Brentwood, we went to
the Annual Barbecue gathering to meet who is at these events, I got to tell
you I met Senator Foley, to whom I was talking about NFB issues with last
night, member of Legislature and Suffolk County Offices.

Anyway, for one it is great to meet your local people in government, and
business in your area, especially if you own a business in your town, either
online or brick and mortar company.

Especially to let others know that the blind are business owners, and if you
have a guide dog as I do, it was great to talk to other businesses about
accessibility issues.

I have e-mail some of you separately about this part which is off topic.

I am sure there are in your local chamber of commerce they do the same

We have an annual gala to support the town and annual scholarship which will
be held on September 23rd.

We are selling advertising special there which they are not that expensive
at all, especially maybe out some of our online businesses that sell all
over the country, or maybe like NAGDU who may want to get the word out about
the Hotline.

to find out more please let me know, the information is on pdf file.  Over
500 people will be reading this so you know someone is looking at your ad,
even the local/state/national government officials will be reading this as
well.

take care

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant