[nagdu] Medical Issues and Program Differences

Cathryn Bonnette cathrynisfinally at verizon.net
Fri Jun 4 18:18:08 UTC 2010

All:

Several good points have been expressed here about medical information, or
the lack of it, provided by different training groups.  institutions change
- slowly - and my experience indicates there are qualitative differences
between guide dog training institutions so the wise dog user needs to shop
around to find what works best for them.

In any case, differences between training programs are no basis to place
another blind person on the defensive. Dealing with all the red tape we must
is hard enough! I would like to encourage supporting each other regardless
of varying experiences and opinions. /smile/

Cathryn (& Abby)